600028018 MICR Code
What is MICR Code?
MICR- Magnetic Ink Character Recognition.
To make NEFT(National Electronic Fund Transfer) Quick and efficient RBi introduced 9 digit MICR code,in which first 3 digit corresponds to city code,next 3 digit to bank code and later 3 digit to branch code.
MICR - Magnetic Ink Character Recognition is a technology to processing cheques. In cheques, area in bottom is called MICR band/line, which have the following details....
- Cheque Serial No. (6 digits)
- Sort field or the city/bank/branch code number consisting of nine digits followed by a delimiter. The first three digits represent the city,
the next three indicate the bank and the last three digits signify the branch. The nine digit sort code is unique for any bank branch in the
- Account number field consisting of six digits followed by a delimiter is an optional field. In the case of Government Cheques issued by
RBI alone, the account number is of seven digits. The Government Account number is 10 digits in length-7 digits occurring in the Account
number field and three in the transaction code field.
- Transaction code field comprising of two digits in all instruments except Government cheques drawn on RBI which have a 3 digit
transaction code. Control documents - batch and block tickets have a three digit representation in the transaction code field.
- The last field represents the amount field and consists of 13 digits bounded on both sides by a delimiter. The amount is encoded in
paise without the decimal point.
How Can I Know My Bank Branch MICR Code ?
- From your bank branch
- From your cheque book
- link is given below for MICR code for all most all the branches located in India.
Is there any benefit for MICR code OTHER than ITR.
Yes, now a days it is used by many organizations to send directly funds in customer account.
- By mutual fund for sending sale receipt of the units to customer account
- Refund of application money in shares.
- Refund of taxes by other department also.
- Refund of application money for real state/plot by govt/private organization.
Tel:we have to disable the phone number as it keeps changing rapdily
and difficult to keep up with the changes.
Update or Format this information and win an Iphone
Last updated on today
Uco Bank Narayanapuram (nnp) Branch Address Map
Submit a report about Uco Bank
Disclaimer: The MICR Code information presented above is for reference only. Please verify MICR Code details before initiating any transaction!.The author reserves the right not to be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected.